Thursday, September 15, 2011

Farming

Today's been an inspirational day, so it's time for the second blog post of the day!  I have decided that I might want to pursue urban farming as a possible profession once I graduate in May.  I am thinking that I want to buy a lot of land somewhere in South Seattle which I will build an eco-friendly cottage home on, and also open up my own urban farm.  This urban farm wouldn't just be for myself, but would also (hopefully) be a center for education on growing organic vegetables.

I would want this place to be a safe space, in which people paid for their classes (and vegetables) on a sliding scale that would reflect their income level.  This farming space would eventually teach members of the community how to grow their own vegetables, as a sustainable way to live while also making food more affordable and tasty! 

I am pretty lucky that this semester I am taking a class in food justice, which will examine parts of my plan...and I am hopefully doing my independent study project on a way to make this dream feasible.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment