Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Aurora just gets me

Today Aurora posted something on my Facebook which just made sense. The image said, "I wanted to text you but I remembered we don't talk anymore." Above it, she asked me if it reminded me of anyone specifically. I laughed for two reasons, mostly because I say that shit all the time (especially after I get a case of the giggles from a few beers) and because she is referencing a few specific people.

Without going into specific detail of who she was talking about, or why - let me just say that when someone is no longer in my life for one reason or another, I don't stop thinking about what they would find funny. Even if I really, passionately dislike someone I can't help myself from thinking about people that are that "somebody that I used to know" and things we had in common, or laughed about together.

When I thought about it again while showering before bed tonight, I realized that it is because I never hesitate to tell people I know that I am thinking of them. It is just unfortunate to know that sometimes, it is way more appropriate to keep those thoughts to yourself.

So in honor of those people, I really enjoy baseball games (with two dollar brats and beers) in small town Wisconsin. I also have a really great time watching Louis, the new sitcom starring Louis C.K. and graduation seating arrangements sometimes leave more of an impression than Dean Seaman talking about Tolkien.

In honor of this narcissistic blog post about (almost) nothing, look up Elliott Smith's "Somebody That I Used to Know" and also just for kicks, check out Jeff Buckley's cover of "I Shall Be Released."


Location:Where else but Cougar Mountain, WA

No comments:

Post a Comment