Thursday, August 11, 2011

London Riots

Now, I haven't been keeping up on the London riots too closely, I have been really busy the last few days.  Interestingly enough, I have heard only a few soundbites about it - they are as follows:

  1.  Person One: "The Clash talked a lot about rioting in London, didn't they?" Person Two: "Yeah, but anyone comparing the two are giving the recent rioters too much credit.  They don't know anything about the Clash."
  2. "Man, shit's really bad in London..isn't it?"
  3. "Isn't England using Facebook to identify rioters?"
There was one little bit though that especially caught my eye and it was said today on the Stranger's blog - SLOG by Anthony Hecht was this reaction to the UK saying they were considering shutting down Twitter to prevent large demonstrations:
Huh, seems like only a couple months ago is was all these "repressive regimes" shutting down Twitter during social unrest. I guess now it's just the responsible thing for a beleaguered kind-hearted government to do.
Now the plan is to spend a little more time tomorrow looking into the London Riots.  But in the meantime, I think it's time to jam to some Clash.

image found at the top of the article came from here

EDIT: Sometimes, I am an incoherent mess.  Oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment