Saturday, August 6, 2011

Be good, be kind, be truthful, and be free: Musings of the Week

Be Good - Hothouse Flowers: I've been jamming on this song ever since it got stuck in my head from playing during work.  Everyone should give it a good listen. I like it so much that I think I might have to buy the record...we'll see.

The Independent: Lost World: Scenes from North Korea's Closed Society: This link leads to a British newspaper's photo collection on North Korea.  These images are perhaps some of the most "candid" that the Western world has been allowed to see, as the North Korean government does not allow many journalists the opportunity to chronicle the lives of their citizens.  Below is a photograph taken by David McNeill that captures downtown Pyongyang:

Los Angeles Times: Unraveling Mexico's Sinaloa Drug Cartel by Richard Marosi : In this article, Richard Marosi explains a bust involving Carlos Cuevas, a drug trafficker from Calexico, California.  It is a beautifully written piece about the nature of smuggling drugs over the U.S.-Mexico border.

"19 Reason's I'm Not A Duggar" - by Mikaela Foster : This link needs no explanation

Oh, and also, I got a twitter (make fun of me if you will!), it's @decibelfurther - so follow me/or whatever the heck you do on twitter.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment