Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Vancouver, Fiscal Responsibility and Van

Today, I am heading to Vancouver with Audrey!  We are taking the road trip up to the "True North, strong and free" to visit Andie after she wraps from her latest film project.  Most likely, we will spend the weekend barhopping and enjoying the lovely streets of Vancouver.  The photograph above is from the America side of the Canada-US border in Blaine, Washington.  It's a HUGE sculpture that was commissioned by the government and resembles the billboards that are also in the area.  When you're waiting to cross back into America at some angles the sculpture captures the beauty of Boundary Bay. If you're curious at how beautiful Boundary Bay is, here's an example:

Photograph found on Flickr - "Boundary Bay" by Kristen Wegener

I am really excited to be in Canada, because the three of us are going to have so much fun.  Audrey and I are going to have a few "free" hours before Andie has the ability to leave her film production stuff, so I am thinking that we might do a few really fun things.

First off, we are going to do some shopping (after a pre-shopping cocktail, of course).  The prices in Canada are by no means cheaper, but as all ladies can attest shopping in a different city is really fun because the merchandise can be really different!  Wish me luck on finding some new stuff to wear! I think also, I am going to see if Audrey wants to go on a tour of the Granville Island Brewery.  Tours happen three times daily, it costs $9.75 and you get three delicious samples!

If it's nice out, I kind of want to head down to Stanley Park and check out the Totem Poles and sit in the sunshine.  Maybe we'll have a dinner picnic! Here's another picture I found on Flickr of Stanley Park by David Chung:

I am really excited to see what this weekend brings!  I am really excited to have some time with two of my best friends in the world. :)

In other news, here is an infographic that popped up on my Facebook news feed today, which compares the government spending between the Bush administration and the Obama administration.  Essentially, this graph blows the fallacy out of the water that Republicans are "fiscally responsible" and "run the government like a business."

One last thing to add to this ridiculously long blog post: Van Morrison's "Sweet Thing"

No comments:

Post a Comment